Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blog or shower....

Normally, shower would have won. Today on the other hand, I just want to curl into a ball and cry.

One of my friends was in a really bad accident last night. She has already had multiple surgery's on her spine before. Tomorrow at noon, she is scheduled for yet another surgery because she broke her back in the car accident. Let me rephrase that, she shattered a vertebrae in her back and if she moves AT ALL before her surgery she will probably be paralyzed.

I went to see her in the hospital and I think she is dying. Not from this accident but everything else that is wrong with her. She weighs 100 pounds and she looks just awful. Love the woman to death, I know she was in an accident...but, she looks like she is dying.

That is a pretty awesome statement to make and trust me, I don't make it lightly.

But, what is it that is going to do her in? The Hepatitis C? The Parkinson's disease? The undiagnosed stomach issue that makes it nearly impossible for her to eat? She is so sick all of the time...and I just want to cry over the thought that I may lose her. Soon.

Other than that, I guess it hasn't been horrible.

My final edit came in last night. I stayed up, got it all ready to go, and this morning I got it uploaded to every site I could think of :) Which means Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble. But, it is done and I am proud of myself for finally getting it finished.

Somehow, I did the work of 4 people today and managed it. My feet hurt but the work is done and hopefully tomorrow I will get a little R & R during trick or treating.

A friend of mine took the kids today to allow me to rest...but, I used that time to go see my other friend in the hospital, go grocery shopping, and get Halloween candy.

Now, I am at home, exhausted. Since Sunday, I have gotten around 8 hours or so of sleep. It is Tuesday night.

But hey, Wonder Woman has taken up residence in my house...So, once I have used up her energy reserves I will just have to syphon some off of Shee-rah when she shows up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment