Followers

Monday, November 5, 2012

First edits for Najia's Sacrifice are in!!!

EEK!!!

I am so excited!!!! The first edits for Najia's Sacrifice (Book Two in "The Path to Destiny" series) are in! The editor sent me the first (about 35% of the book) edits this morning!

And, I am so disappointed...I wish I had the time to jump on them BUT...I have my friends two kids, and another friend broke her back in an auto accident last week so I am going to the hospital to do her hair for her. Time is a very precious commodity for me right now.

So, I will be lucky if I get to the edits tonight :(

BUT, at least I am moving forward. Once my friend is out of the hospital, I am hoping to start writing Aria's story again (final installment of the Destiny series). Life may be busy but I need to make that a priority right now...After I am done with that book, I will take a break from writing until the two little ones are gone.

My book isn't selling so well right now...And I have no idea what I can do to market it...I am going to keep smiling though and say I am happy with my three sales a month :) Maybe this series won't be a huge hit...but, I will just be glad I am writing and this is experience for me. When I have more than one book up, things may get better too...I could be 10 books into this before I start seeing a following.

But, on the plus side, STGRB is quiet for now. I am kind of wondering how long it will take me to get on the "side bar of shame"...Hopefully I manage to stay out of their sights but I don't think that is possible. I happen to KNOW that they are actually following THIS blog!!! (You can check point of entry...and STGRB pops up regularly!) I can't help but wonder what I did to attract so much attention =) ...Oh yeah, I forgot...I called them out on posting outright lies.

Other than that, I am just busy busy busy! Cleaning constantly, doing dishes, cooking, all the normal mom stuff times two right now. I am so thankful for the people who are stepping up and helping me with these kiddo's! It would be so much more difficult without them.

Anyhow, I am off to wash my friends hair and put it up for the day. Unfortunately, it must be redone everyday...but, I am only doing this until she is capable of doing it for herself =)

No comments:

Post a Comment