Followers

Saturday, January 19, 2013

This year just sucks for me!

     Overall, today went pretty well. My daughter turned 10!...That in itself is almost shocking to me! I can't believe how big she is getting! All six of the kids are laying down and most of them are sleeping. Not too shabby!

     But, I went online and started googling the knee pain I have had for the last week. It is pretty bad. It hurts like haydes to get into a squatting position and even worse to stand up from that position. I was pretty baffled at first because it seemed to come out of nowhere...and then I thought about it.

    1. Tendonitis in my hands
    2. Tendonitis in my feet

    3. Tendonitis in my knee????

    So, I did a little research and I am pretty sure that is what I will be told when I go into the doctor. And when the full impact of that hit me, I went into my bathroom and cried. I have been battling tendonitis for 9 years...I don't think it ever goes away once you have it...

    Unless you have done it, I can't fully explain how bad the treatments for tendonitis HURT! The shots...dear god, there is no way to explain the pain of those shots! But, they are bad enough that the shots have novacaine in them so you can get home before the full force of the pain hits you. And the pain doesn't just go away. The first day is just awful!

    And lets not forget, the surgery on my LEFT foot is on Thursday and now I have to get in to see an ortho doctor before that for my RIGHT knee!!!!

    This is the worst possible scenario for me...going into this surgery, I did NOT need this to happen! I have almost never had an issue with this knee, and all of a sudden, I get a freaking flare up??? And it is bad enough that it is literally crippling. I didn't think about it when I went into the bathroom and I plopped myself down on the floor. My knee screamed at me for going down, and it nearly forced me to call for assistance to get back up!

    I am only 31 years old! Why is my body falling apart!?!? I haven't been that bad to it!

    Tomorrow is a new day...Tomorrow I will accept this new challange and move on...but for tonight, I am asking God why me...Seriously...Why me? The pain is almost unbearable. My feet, my hand, my back, and now...my knee? I hope this is fixable! I don't want another part of me hurting ALL of the time!

3 comments:

  1. I know I have said this before and I don't want to be a nag or a broken record, BUT joint pain is often caused by gluten or grain consumption. Long story short: Gluten (and sometimes grain in general) makes glucose spike -> makes insulin spike -> insulin attacks your cells to get them to open up and accept the glucose. When the cells can't - or normally shouldn't such as tendons -> inflammation and pain. = Tendonitis, arthritis, other joint maladies AND pain! I am sort of half suffering from this too, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the doctors can't figure out what is wrong with me...I will give your way a shot. At this point, I am ready to do ANYTHING!!!

      Unfortunately, the doctors are thinking I have inherited a genetic defect that causes your muscles (and your tendons) to be too short...But, if they have no plausible way to get rid of the pain, I am up for cutting the gluten and grain...I actually have a friend with Celiac's Disease living with me so I try to be gluten friendly in my meal planning.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Yoga or other frequent stretching to help loosen up the tendons and keep them loose :-) Maybe try shark cartilage supplements. I've heard good things about that one, better than just gelatin from beef or chicken bones, which is a more affordable option. Good luck!

      Delete