Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

You know...getting old sucks!

Yeah...I know I am only thirty-one, but one night of bad/little sleep and I feel like the Walking Dead!

On the plus side, I am so excited some of my shows are starting up again. I watched the first episode of  The Biggest Loser tonight and for about two seconds I was disappointed that I would have to wait until next week to get another fix. And then, I remembered that it is on again tomorrow! Yay! I love the Biggest Loser! It makes me feel better about my own weight and reminds me that once my foot is all better, there is nothing stopping me from getting in shape anymore =)

Yep, that is my plan. I don't want to be thirty-two and 220 pounds. I need to lose about 50 pounds to get myself back to a healthy weight. My actual goal though is 150. I honestly may never hit that but I will try. I will just be happy with 170 to be honest. I am not a teeny bopper worried about fitting into that ultra skimpy bikini. Looking good in a one piece is good enough for me =)

Step by step, day by day, we draw closer to the date of my surgery. I am a doubter...I started worrying that I was having the surgery for the wrong reasons...that I am using my foot as an excuse to not exercise and maybe the pain from my foot really isn't all that bad. And then, I woke up this morning with, what I call, a flare up. My foot is bothering me even when I am not walking. If this surgery can alleviate the pain, or make it go away completely, it is totally worth it! The 3-4 weeks of being on crutches or using a knee scooter (exactly what it sounds like) will pay off in the end...and then I can do yoga without my foot hurting so bad that I have to break the poses.

But, for tonight I am way too exhausted to write a lengthy blog. I am just going to go to bed and get some sleep in my comfortable bed with my comfortable pillow.

The drama and stress levels in my house HAVE dropped to a manageable level. I am so grateful for that. I have too much on my plate to be fighting with a kid that isn't mine. My kids are more relaxed and seem to be calmer than they have been the last few weeks...so over all, the changes were good ones. I am glad for that. I needed the stress reduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment