Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

The pick me up that I desperately needed!

So, I got a three star review today and I am THRILLED with it!!!

My 3-star review for Tia's Folly...

"I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I did enjoy the read, but found there were a few small glitches that pulled me out of my reading zone, you know, that place were the words sort of disappear and all you see is your own personal movie in your head.

I am a lover of fantasy. The more magical and mystical the better. I felt that author Elly Helcl did a good job of making her magical world seem realistic. I almost completely bought into all of her characters and I was certainly able to feel the emotion within the dialogue as well as in between the lines.

The story was descriptive enough for me to paint my own picture, but no so much as to lock me into certain parameters. I do wish that the story had opened up a bit more slowly, but really just a bit. I understand that the intent was to instill urgency and express panic; being that it started with a barrage of dialogue I found that it took me a few pages before I was really able to get my barrings. I really didn't "get it" for about 5 pages, after that I was able to make sense of it all.

The adult content was shocking, as in I wasn't really prepared for it when it happened. I understood before I read that this was going to be harsh but in comparison to the more innocent nature of the book I found it jarring. I would have liked a little more foreshadowing to have ever so slightly softened the blow. Honestly this content, though used sparingly was a bit more than just harsh and I've read many books with taboo/non-con story lines.

I feel that with a bit more back story, editing and rounding out of the story and character that I would have easily given this book 4 stars." (This review can be found on Amazon and Goodreads on Tia's Folly's page...I don't have permission to post the reviewers name yet, if I get that I will add that).


HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

After all of the damage done by STGRB, it just felt awesome to get this review. I know it isn't a five-star review...but it feels like one to me :D

The adult content was meant to shock....There were warnings :) I am giggling as I write that...I can see where the readers would appreciate a little warning though. They were kind of written as "bam, in your face" scenes!

After the constant negativity that has come my way over the last few months, this couldn't have come at a better time...this is why I write. I am in contact with the reviewer, I would LOVE to know what I can change to get her passed "a pleasant book reading experience" and into the realm where the world just drifts away. That is my goal...I just want people to read what I write...I don't care if I ever make money at this...I just want people to read my books :) It is a bonus that she enjoyed this book and an even bigger bonus that she reviewed it!

This is why I write, and this is why I will continue to write :D

1 comment: