Followers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Let me start by apologizing to all of my readers!

In the end of 'Najia's Sacrifice', I tell readers to look for the final installment of the series in March 2013...

And then the bottom fell out of my world. I am bi-polar, I swear I had no sooner written those words, and I quickly started spiraling into a bi-polar depression.

I couldn't sleep, I couldn't wake up (I know...it's weird), I couldn't write, I couldn't read, I couldn't function.

I barely made it through everyday life for a while. It was bad enough that I went to my therapist and just cried. I thought those kind of downs were a thing of the past...obviously I was wrong. It has been years since I have crashed so hard that I couldn't function. Like, I couldn't function and do the most basic of things...like making sure I took a shower everyday, or my dishes were done, or...I don't know...basic stuff like that.

In my life, I have gone down but I have been able to maintain an exterior of holding it together...I couldn't this time. This time was horrible. It was awful...and I am so grateful to the fabulous people in my life that helped me (and are still helping me through it).

Some people won't understand my decision to be very public and open about being bi-polar. But for me, it is as much a part of my life as my kids and my husband. I struggle everyday to maintain my life as an un-medicated bi-polar.

Another reason I want to be open about it is because of what just happened. The world fell out from under me and it has taken me nearly SIX MONTHS to climb back out of the hole...and I am still not there.

Finally, FINALLY, I am making progress on Aria's Redemption. I PROMISE it is worth the wait and I am so sorry I couldn't finish it on time. From the bottom of my heart I swear I tried.

I feel really bad about not being able to finish on time, but I will finish.

To all the people who were there for me and didn't even know it, thank you.

There are so many people I could name on this post who didn't even know they helped me through this time...hopefully you all know who you are anyhow :) You are all truly awesome and special!

2 comments:

  1. I hope I was there in spirit even though I couldn't be there in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft!!! You are there online whenever I just want to chat. Sometimes you don't need to chat about the big life events and just need to connect with someone!

      You are almost always online when I need that!

      Delete