Followers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Is this more than I can handle?

So, my cousin kicked his daughter out of the house and now she lives with me...

In the last three weeks, erm...well...lets just say she has proven that she has no respect for anyone...herself included.
LONG story short, she has this issue with honesty...she apparently doesn't understand it's correlation to trust.

But, now I don't know what to do with her. She needs some serious help, but she is seventeen and a mere six months away from being an adult. I mean, do I even have the time to do anything meaningful?

She choose (after being told NOT to and to keep her mouth shut) to confront her dad and now we don't even know if she is going to be allowed to stay here or if she is going to be shipped up north to her drug addicted, alcoholic mother!!! Who doesn't have a place to live and is hotel hopping currently!!!

How do you help someone who seems so hell bent on sabotaging herself????

Sigh...I just don't know.

This morning, I yelled at her for something that she 100% of the way deserved to be yelled at for, and now she has given me the silent treatment all day. Regardless of the fact that I have tried to talk to her.

I feel so lost...I love this kiddo to death and I want to help her...but, I don't even know if I can at this point.

1 comment:

  1. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink it. That old saying basically means that you cannot learn another person's lessons for her. She has to WANT to learn the lesson, and self-sabotaage is a surefire sign that she hasn't even realized that she has a lesson to learn. I know it's frustrating and heartbreaking, but the ONLY way you can help her is to be a shinning role model. Be a beacon so that 10 years from now - when she is ready to grow up and be a decent person - she can look back and understand that you were always there trying to help her be a better person. Love you, and I hope that you don't let her get to you too much :-)

    ReplyDelete